This forum is for asking questions and providing answers on bird identification. New and visiting birders are encouraged to ask and participate.
Angie Joiner and I were out birding east of Prince George yesterday when we heard a call we couldn't positively identify coming from high in the trees at the edge of cut block (on the Bowron FSR - south side). The bird continued to sing the entire time we were there. When we returned 3 or 4 hours later the bird was still singing (same song, no variation). I had my recording equipment with me in the vehicle and we managed to get a fairly good record of the song, which I've uploaded to xeno-canto.org:

http://www.xeno-canto.org/379119

I don't believe the species is one common to the Fraser-Fort George region. I don't want to bias anyone's opinion with what I think the bird might be --> any opinions?
I have no idea sorry. Also I see there's no ID on xeno canto yet. Did you contact Ian Cruickshank? I've never met anyone better with bird songs and calls than him!
rawalker wrote:I have no idea sorry. Also I see there's no ID on xeno canto yet. Did you contact Ian Cruickshank? I've never met anyone better with bird songs and calls than him!
Thanks. I have been in contact with Ian - he has given it a listen and is discussing it with some of his contacts.
Hawkman1234 wrote:Best guess would be one of many Bewicks Wrens songs.
An interesting suggestion. Keep in mind the recording was made just outside Prince George - I'm not even sure if there is a record of that species that far north(?).
jeffdyck wrote:
Hawkman1234 wrote:Best guess would be one of many Bewicks Wrens songs.
An interesting suggestion. Keep in mind the recording was made just outside Prince George - I'm not even sure if there is a record of that species that far north(?).
It doesn't sound too much like a Bewick's wren to me and singing in the top of a conifer certainly would not be typical for them.

Please keep us posted!

I’m confused. How many years ago was this?

Yup, Stilt Sandpiper.

GHO from this morning.

Lovely shots, Keith.

Canon T6i ( Body only )

WOW... Just a few hours and I'm not able to edit. […]