This forum is for asking questions and providing answers on bird identification. New and visiting birders are encouraged to ask and participate.
Having upgraded my equipment recently, I want to sell my "old" outfit, my Canon T4i acquired in 2012,
including the kit lens (18-55mm) it came with as well as a couple of other lenses I acquired to use with it but no longer need.
The camera works just fine, even shoots 1080p video; I just wanted something more sophisticated.
I'm not certain I made the right choice, yet... :? but the die has been cast, as they say!
To contact me, please use the Personal Message service of this forum.

I am offering, to our forum members, these items separately at the prices listed,
OR as a package for only $1300 which is $165 less than you would pay if you purchased each item separately.
See items listed with prices below.
Sample photos I took with this camera and the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens
are provided at the end of this post

All equipment currently works perfectly, and is in like new condition.
Of course, I am not in a position to offer any warranty.
Goods are sold as they are and all sales are final.

1. EOS Rebel T4i camera (18-135mm IS STM Lens Kit) currently listed for $735 ($US): $600
Includes two batteries and charger, manual.
*Note: on my Flickr website, you will see the camera I received it with its North American T4i label on it is designated by its Japanese ID: Canon EOS Kiss X6i. All functions on the camera are in English. In Europe, the T4i is labelled a Canon 650D.
They are all exactly the same camera.
I mention this just to clear up any concerns you might have after looking at the Flickr photos below

2. Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens (currently listed for $420 @ Amazon.ca) >>> your price: $350

3. EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Standard Zoom (currently listed for $420 @ Amazon.ca) >>> your price: $350

4. Tamrac Expedition 6 Backpack (regular price: $260 @ Amazon.ca) >>> your price: $125

Sony Tripod valued at $40 included in the package, not for sale separately
Total for package: >>> 1300
a saving of $575 if you purchased every item separately online!

NOT PART OF THE PACKAGE ABOVE: Canon SX20 12.1 Megapixel, 20x optical zoom camera your price: 100
(very good Macro capability; shoots video, includes case; powered by 4 AA batteries, also included)

The review of the T4i at Steve's digicam concluded in 2012:
(http://www.steves-digicams.com/camera-r ... n-211.html)
Bottom Line - The Canon EOS Digital Rebel T4i is the latest (2012) introductory dSLR in the EOS line. Canon has made sure that this is one of the highest quality entry level dSLR cameras on the market with an 18-Megapixel CMOS imaging sensor, DIGIC 5 processor, Vari-Angle 3.0-inch touch screen LCD, and one of the first dSLRs to offer continuous AF video recording. These are just a few of the amazing features found within this class-leading camera. Image quality and performance are also excellent, surpassing that of the previous Digital Rebel models. With a MSRP of...US$849.00 for just the T4i body only, it is not the cheapest entry level dSLR on the market, but you will get your money's worth with it - and it's perfect for a first dSLR or for upgrading from a previous model.

This is an outstanding entry-level digicam.
Pick This Up If...
You are looking to make the jump to a dSLR or upgrade an existing entry-level dSLR camera. With a slightly higher price than most other entry level units, you will receive better performance and image quality, truly getting what you pay for.
For DP Review's assessment of the T4i and its current successor, the T5i,
check here: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canon-e ... -rebel-t4i
and here: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canon-e ... -rebel-t5i
According to DP Review:
"June 2013: The Canon EOS 700D / Rebel T5i replaces the very short-lived Canon EOS 650D / T4i but is almost indistinguishable from it in terms of design, operation and specification. Our tests have found the image quality and performance of both cameras to be identical and they use the same batteries and accessories as well. Accordingly, this review is a very slightly modified version of the EOS 650 / T4i review we posted in the summer of 2012. We've retained product images of the EOS 650D / T4i where there's no meaningful change in design, and except where indicated, any comments in the body of this review which reference the Canon EOS 650D / T4i are equally relevant to the Canon EOS 700D / T5i and vis-versa."
In other words, there was very little in the T5i to make it worth upgrading to!

Sample photos I made with the T4i and 70-300 mm Zoom: Click on a photo to see it on the Flickr website.
Golden-crowned sparrow

Red-naped Sapsucker

Northern Flicker (yellow shafted hybrid)

Bufflehead drake

Along the Sandpipers theme, I had a couple hours t[…]

Buy Cocaine online | Buy Heroin Online | Buy Cryst[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

Current list -- we are at 142 birds! Wow ... Have[…]

The annual Open House at OWL (Orphaned Wildlife Re[…]