This area is for general discussion on Birds and Birding.
By nickinthegarden
I am regular viewer and supporter of this Forum, I have a passion for birding and bird photography which has been nurtured by this group. It is with the assistance of the participants of this forum that I have received a tremendous education on birds and on bird photography over the many months I have been a member. I photographed flowers and gardens for years and there was no such community as this for that. I have met many of you in the field and I am a little embarrassed :oops: to admit I have probably already forgotten your name, but I am certainly happy to have met you.
I am so impressed at the willingness of participants to offer up so much information and suggestions to help others in our shared interest. I know that many people only lurk on the group and do not or rarely post but that is okay too. The idea of such a group is to get information out there.
Those who share their photographic efforts are given special thanks, I as photographer have progressed over the months from fair to better to good photos and it was in no small part to this group. I post my photos on my Flickr site and share it from there. I am about to hit One million views, which is in no small part due to you people.
Those of us who photograph greatly appreciate the comments and support you have shared with us. That is what helps us down the road to improve.
So appreciate the community we have, there have been a lot of people who have made it what is now and as others participate it may change but it all has value.
Thank you all!
By Fancy
Nick,

I only joined this forum fairly recently, but I have been a lurker for a lot longer. Your photos have gotten better and better over time, as with your birding skills. Your photos are beautiful! I always enjoy looking at your threads, and I'm glad you contribute to this forum, along with everyone else, as so many people offer insight on birding and photography. It certainly is a great place!

Also, congrats on nearly hitting 1 million views on Flickr! You deserve it! :)

-Fancy
By Flight
Yes, very awesome post.
I have progressed in IDing birds in the field and generally gain a ton of fascinating knowledge from this board. I alway appreciate reading other's opinions and gleaning insight, so thanks to those that spend the time to comment. Even without responses, people like myself are learning; and that's what makes day to day living in our western world less mundane :) I honestly appreciate it. :D
-chad b
By revs
As the resident old-timer (forum-wise) i'd like to thank everyone as well.
This forum has little bumps every now and then but for the most part is one of the best places to share sightings, pics and general birding talk in the lower mainland.
Props to Kevin the Admin for keeping it real :)
By BirdingBC
Thanks very much. It's been a pleasure running the site for the community and although I might appear to go missing for a while, I am usually checking things once a day. Birding is still my passion and I continue to explore the shores, scan the bushes and watch the skies.
I cannot even express what this new found interest has done for me this year. My divorce was finalized two days ago, so it's been a tough time. Birding has provided me with excitement, true beauty, and a newfound appreciation for nature and getting out there. This forum has provided me with new friends and a sense of accomplishment. Ya'll will never know how much your encouragement and compliments of my growing photography and birding skills has meant to me. It's something new, all my own, and totally positive. So thank you. :D
By Birder2000
Congrats on the one million views Nick! You deserve it!

I have to say that I would definitely not be the birder and photographer I am today if it were not for so many things I learned from this forum. Thank you everybody!
Canuck4everr wrote:I took a look at members list , there are 1585 members , i joined at number 267 , sure wish there was a way to tell what year i joined .
Also would be helpful to know what year post or threads were made .
Chris, it is possible to see years on this forum, you just have to change the date format under user control panel. To see how go to this topic: http://birding.bc.ca/community/viewtopi ... ces#p29430
By keithric
:wink: Can't resist the urge to chime in....
Nick, you give so much to this forum! You have written several times about your gratitude to the members here; it's not by chance that such a diverse group are responding with thanks to you. As others above have already expressed many of my thoughts so eloquently, I will add only that I concur—especially regarding our appreciation of Kevin S., our forum Admin, who makes this opportunity possible.

And, as so often happens with your posts, Nick, you stir someone to delve deeper into a subject or issue that might otherwise have gone untouched and to information that would have stayed hidden.
Through Chris (Canuck4everr)
would be helpfull to know what year post or threads were made .
and Liron:
Chris, it is possible to see years on this forum, you just have to change the date format under user control panel.
I now have an answer to a long-standing concern that I had never given voice to. I can now see the full dates I have long wondered about!! :)

Thanks to all who have commented, and most of all to Nick who started this thread.
Congrats, my friend, on your amazing accomplishment of 1,000,000 views on your Flickr pages! :D
Birder2000 wrote:
Canuck4everr wrote:I took a look at members list , there are 1585 members , i joined at number 267 , sure wish there was a way to tell what year i joined .
Also would be helpful to know what year post or threads were made .
Chris, it is possible to see years on this forum, you just have to change the date format under user control panel. To see how go to this topic: http://birding.bc.ca/community/viewtopi ... ces#p29430
Ty so much ...im all set now :)
Nick, I am a little late getting in here, it has all been said by those before me. I too would to congratulate you on your million likes (which is awesome and amazing) but more importantly to thank you for being such a great contributor to this forum. The appreciation and interest you show in everyone's posts from novice to expert helps us all to feel like we have contributed something worthwhile and to enjoy some pride and joy in what we have shared. Myself, I want to thank you so much for your ongoing support to so many of us within this forum.

And finally from Iona Beach Park, there were a few[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

Update for 9 May 2024 ... we are at 158 birds! Woo[…]

Thank you to all who came out to support OWL at ou[…]