Birding in British Columbia

A starting place for birding information for British Columbia, Canada. This web site features a birders discussion forum, links to birding newsgroups, articles and book reviews, checklists, regional hotspots, photo gallery, weather reports, and visiting birder information.
It is currently Dec 17 12:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Canon 7D MkII
PostPosted: May 11 7:07 pm 

Here we go again............... and I'll probably regret it.

Selling my Canon 7D MK II Camera Body. ( upgrading to a 5D MkIII )

Amazing camera with a focus system that tracks like a cruise missile. If you can pan a subject and keep the spot where you need it it's not going to lose focus. IQ is excellent and it will rapid shoot like a machine gun.

The price is $1650.00 CDN and for that you get the body, an aftermarket grip, two genuine Canon batteries and two off brand batteries.

Condition is 9.999/ 10 Never dropped or used as a football.

Comes with receipts, boxes, manuals, etc. In other words... everything it shipped with. If you need a bag I can probably dig something up for you.

If you know anything about the 7D MkII and have been following the focus issue this camera has been checked out by Canon and verified by me via the use of " Spot Tune " focus method which told me to leave it alone or adjust by +1/2. That means it's bang on.

Post subject: Re: Canon 7D MkII
PostPosted: May 11 11:02 pm 

Hey Guy. I would buy it but the following divorce would not be worth it. Well..... At this rate, you should have the 5ds in about a year! :D Still wondering when I will run into you out there. Good luck on the sale- should be no problem. Everett

PostPosted: May 12 5:04 am 

Everett wrote:
Hey Guy. I would buy it but the following divorce would not be worth it. Well..... At this rate, you should have the 5ds in about a year! :D Still wondering when I will run into you out there. Good luck on the sale- should be no problem. Everett

Everett don't worry about the wife. In time they get over it and for you it only hurts for a little while.

I'm not sure I want to sell it because it tracks birds in flight a lot better than the 5D. The 5D blows it away in almost every other area so it's a win-lose-win thing.

Some day we'll meet...........

PostPosted: May 12 7:51 am 

Hey Guy glad you haven't used the 7D II as a football

I am interested but am wondering what is the reason you would upgrade from the 7D II to 5DII

As you can probably tell I ain't a professional photog

Mark

PostPosted: May 12 8:09 am 

I also find this to be an odd upgrade path. Note that the 6D has better dynamic range than the 5D III. Moreover, there is an expectation of a new 6D model appearing in the near future.

Also, in a day or so a new firmware is expected to be made available for the 7D II.

The upcoming replacement for the 1D-X is expected to employ a Digic 7 processor and hence any new DSLRs appearing this year will also likely have this new processor. E.g., if the new 1D-X has a 25 MP sensor, then in order to maintain its 12fps speed, a faster processor is required.

PostPosted: May 12 10:43 am 

EOS 7D Mark II Firmware 1.04 coming out tomorrow also Canon has internally acknowledged an autofocus issue with the EOS 7D Mark II.

No official announcement will be made by Canon until they determine whether or not the issue can be resolved with a firmware update or if it will require the camera to visit a service center. All signs point to the former, but the issue has yet to be fully resolved.

PostPosted: May 12 5:30 pm 

First and foremost this thread is an attempt to sell the body, not open it up to a general discussion of what Canon knows or doesn't know, why I would be doing what I'm doing, the merits of the 7D MKII...5D MkIII... 6D or any other D.

Secondly, I know there's a firmware update coming and I've known for a while. I've been following the problem like a hawk.

Thirdly, as I said my focus issue has been dealt with so even if I keep the camera I won't update the firmware. Why fix something that ain't broke as is my case.... unless of course I want to take the chance and " broke it." The thing is bang on. What more can I say.

Last but not least I'm going to a 5D because I want to and I can get one for well, and I mean well under 3K.

With the exception of Mark because he's relatively new is there any other questions. If there is and you are interested in the body then lets stay focused.

Mark if you are still curious about anything regarding this I am open to answering honestly because you said you were interested. Please don't think I'm spanking you because I'm not.

Thanks funseekers....

Now for the group hug..................