Greater Victoria, Gulf Islands, Cowichan Valley, Nanaimo and Centrial Island, Port Alberni, Tofino, North Island
By ogopogo
That bird stays within a 2 block rectangle and sometimes you just have to apply the "Newell Formula". Get a couple runners (birders who are fit), one to go above the Townhouses on Zinnia Rd and another to go across Wilkinson and up that steep road (which, by all rights should have a chair lift) and look on the mossy rock hill below the houses on the ridge. Inevitably, it comes down to where the crowd stands when that is done. Otherwise, you could stand in a crowd on the road or townhouse alley for 3 days and not see it.
By ogopogo
great shots and video. yes, you really have to be alert as it arrives quickly and doesn't always stay long. Feb 17, 2017 Fri & 18 Sat 9am sightings look like the holly at the brick driveway behind South Valley Dr at Townhouse 2-3957 and the noon sightings were up on the street above at 4022A Zinnia Rd.
not sure if anyone is having luck at the big holly behind the houses under construction down on SVDr.
Canon T6i ( Body only )

REDUCED $450.00

Not the best at gull ID but i'll give it a try. […]

Both of the birds are Western Sandpipers, I am pre[…]

So Far In May

Thanks for sharing these great photos!