Cache Creek, Merrit, Kamloops, Salmon Arm, Vernon, Kelowna, Penticton, Osoyoos, Grand Forks
By mcrosbie
RavenLunatic wrote:I was pretty sure that it was CBC Vancouver, channel 99 on Seattle Comcast, but I guess I can check again tonight.

As for Asotin County... That's 5 hours away! :lol: Way too far to drive for anything less than a mega. :P However, if it were in Seattle (or at least nearby), that would be within chasing range. :) I looked longingly at the listserv reports of the Blue Jay you were talking about, but all I can do is sit and hope for a crazy Puget Sound bird. Birds have done crazier things! 8)
If you would like to take a vacation in BC some day, the Okanagan Valley (Kelowna, Vernon, Armstrong, Enderby and that area, Blue Jays live there. I lived in Enderby and saw them regularly, but failed to get a decent photo, as my camera had very little zoom capacity. The area is lovely and is well-developed to cater to visitors.
By Isaac
mcrosbie wrote:
RavenLunatic wrote:I was pretty sure that it was CBC Vancouver, channel 99 on Seattle Comcast, but I guess I can check again tonight.

As for Asotin County... That's 5 hours away! :lol: Way too far to drive for anything less than a mega. :P However, if it were in Seattle (or at least nearby), that would be within chasing range. :) I looked longingly at the listserv reports of the Blue Jay you were talking about, but all I can do is sit and hope for a crazy Puget Sound bird. Birds have done crazier things! 8)
If you would like to take a vacation in BC some day, the Okanagan Valley (Kelowna, Vernon, Armstrong, Enderby and that area, Blue Jays live there. I lived in Enderby and saw them regularly, but failed to get a decent photo, as my camera had very little zoom capacity. The area is lovely and is well-developed to cater to visitors.
I think the bird you are talking about is the Steller's Jay, which are often called Blue Jays. Actual Blue Jays are very rare anywhere in BC except for Northeast BC in the Peace River region.
Thrush

Veery have a a poorly defined eye ring, it's brok[…]

Sep 23, 2018 https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1962/3[…]

Taken Sep 23, 2018 https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/[…]

Tech

I’m getting excited about Nikon’s new […]