The forum is for information, questions and discussions about locations to go birding within British Columbia.
A friend told me to go down to Richmond Nature Park so I went there on Sat and Sun because it is the closest to me. I went around 7PM on Sat and 9:30 till 11:30 AM on Sun, on both days I didn't see any hummingbird though there were lots of sparrow, finches and woodpeckers at the feeders.
Went to Richmond Nature Park at 7:15PM. Should have gone there earlier. Light intensity was slowly dropping under the trees as I was waiting for the rufous hummingbird to return for a quick sip at the sugar water every 15~20 mins. Keeping aperture at 6.3 with speed as fast as possible. This is a shot taken on a tripod-mounted Canon 300mm f/2.8 IS II lens, the 2.0X III TC, with Canon EOS 5D Mark II. ISO 1000. Evaluative metering at +2 stops: 1/800 sec.

I went back to the same spot again after work at 6 PM hoping to get a better shot than yesterday's. I wanted to get a good photo of the hummer's vivid iridescent-red throat with a spot of orange, white breast and patchy rufous-washed flanks. These shots come pretty darn close.

Terra Nova Neighborhood Park. Richmond BC.

Here are several photos:

ImageAnna's Hummingbird. Vancouver BC by ohurtsovmike, on Flickr

ImageAnna's Hummingbird. Vancouver BC by ohurtsovmike, on Flickr

ImageIMG_5207-3 by ohurtsovmike, on Flickr

ImageIMG_5223-5 by ohurtsovmike, on Flickr

Here is a Cedar Waxwing from a few weeks back at B[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]