This area is for BC birding news, events and related announcements.
Mar 11/17--These changes are intended to address some recurring issues within the discussions. In general these changes should not interfere with day to day discussion for the majority of the members. Enforcement of the rules through moderation should be a rare occurrence as it has always been. Members are encouraged to report (!) postings they think requires moderation or contact board moderators or administrators.

Prior discussions surrounding moderation have been archived. Thank you to those who participated in that discussion.

A summary of the changes

Moderation Policy -- there will be less tolerance for negative and disruptive forum etiquette. Members have voiced their displeasure with the level of negative comments interfering from time to time within the discussions and the general consensus is we need to be more vigilant and on guard against such behaviour and act more swiftly with the application of moderation and rules enforcement.

Additions to the General Rules

Do not do any of the following:
  • Flame or insult other members
  • Post personally identifiable information (i.e. name, address, email, phone number, etc.) unless there is a specific reason to do so. Common exceptions are photo credit, event contact info, etc.
  • Hijack or derail a thread's topic
  • Post spam or Re-post Closed, Modified, Deleted Content
  • Repetitively post in the incorrect forum
  • Openly argue with a moderator, use the PM system
  • Shamming
  • Personal Attacks (direct or inferred).
  • Bullying
Enforcement

The rules will be enforced in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to:
  • Asking member nicely to knock it off
  • Asking member less nicely
  • Temporary or permanent suspension of accounts
  • Correction or removal of postings
  • Banning from the forums

Moderation of Forum Groups

Individual forum areas may have rules in addition to the general forum rules and their own moderators to enforce them.

Thank you for you patience.

Good Birding
2024 Photo Challenge - All BC Birds!

We are currently at 115 birds! Wow. Excellent wo[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]