This area is for BC birding news, events and related announcements.
By jewill
Please join us on Saturday, December 5th from 10 am to 3 pm for a unique Christmas fundraiser. For a donation (around $10) you can have your picture taken with Santa and a live owl - possibly either Snoopy a Northern Saw-whet owl or Pokey a Barred owl (both are non-releasable education birds). I have it on good authority that it will be the real Santa onsite; he makes the trip from the North Pole at the busiest time of his year just to show his support for OWL :mrgreen:.
There will be the release of a rehabilitated Bald Eagle at 1 pm, which if you have never seen is certainly a treat to witness. The gift area will be open and there will be lots of good food and Christmas treats available too.
See our Facebook page for more information - https://www.facebook.com/OWL-Orphaned-W ... 845544617/
I hope to see you at this fun event.
By jewill
Today's the day!
Santa will be at OWL (3800 72nd Street in South Delta) from 10 to 3 for photo ops. For a donation of $15 you can have your picture taken with him and a live owl. All proceeds go directly to the care and feeding of the birds - as of yesterday 598, an all time record!
At 1 pm we will be releasing an adult bald eagle that was found in Point Roberts.
This event will take place rain or shine so please come out and show support for OWL.
Thank you and Merry Christmas to all.
2024 Photo Challenge - All BC Birds!

We are currently at 115 birds! Wow. Excellent wo[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]