This area is for BC birding news, events and related announcements.
By BirdingBC
I upgraded the forums today and applied a NEW LOOK. Their might be some bugs to work out however the forums should be mostly functional.

Thanks,

Kevin Slagboom
By ogopogo
sorry Ken, I do not like the "upgrade". have to squint to read the grey type and the type looks smaller. the conversations are the important part of a forum so they should be bold. and it's 'there' not 'their'. What improvements are there? What was wrong with the original format? Not sure I want to stick around to squint my way through the posts. Cheryl
By jewill
ogopogo wrote:how do I log out? sheesh.
Ha, it took me awhile too... in the upper right corner you’ll see your username; click on that to get the option to logout.
By BirdingBC
Thanks for the feedback.

I just made the text a bit bigger and added a bit more contrast. The postings should be easier to read now.

Still some bugs to work out with this new look and feel. We can't go back as the old theme at it is not compatible with the new forum software.

Kevin
By Robert
Much easier to read on a mobile device.

Can you make the home page mobile friendly too?
By BirdingBC
Robert wrote: Apr 20 5:17 pm Much easier to read on a mobile device.
Can you make the home page mobile friendly too?
That is next. Not sure when I will get to the Homepage but rest assured when I do, it will be mobile friendly.

Kevin
By revs
revs wrote: Apr 20 5:29 am Feels like the end of an era.
Another Admin might have commented and said "Yes Paul, but you can also think of it as the start of a new era, glad to have you on board for part 2".
Its not lost on me that you chose to ignore my comment and replied eagerly to the very next one Kevin.
By BirdingBC
revs wrote: Apr 23 5:29 am Another Admin might have commented and said "Yes Paul, but you can also think of it as the start of a new era, glad to have you on board for part 2".
Its not lost on me that you chose to ignore my comment and replied eagerly to the very next one Kevin.
Not ignoring, just busy tracking down errors. I didn't see it as an end or beginning of anything. It just a continuation with some much needed improvements.

Here is a Cedar Waxwing from a few weeks back at B[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]