This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By zwest
While I've repeatedly dipped on the crossbills and my nemesis Northern Saw-whet Owl, I've also had quite a few good outings over the last couple of weeks.

The Redpoll invasion of Reifel was remarkable. They seem to have mostly moved on now.

At the Tsawwassen jetty, I found the Whimbrel! (if you're looking for it, I'd suggest doing more listening than watching as it is very loud when it moves from one spot to the next):

I also located the band of Gray-crowned Rosy-finches downtown and was able to get a non-up-in-tree shot before they all took off.

Then my first Pygmy-Owl, at a secret location somewhere on the North Shore. 8)

Just yesterday, I found an American Bittern at the NW corner of Reifel:

I was very appreciative that he came out in the sun for a quick pose before vanishing into the reeds again.

I was also able to check a few more off my list: Green Heron, Black Scoter, Canvasback and Redhead, but those photos are a bit "meh" and probably not worth posting here.

I hope you are all having some good luck as well!

Cheers,
Zach
zwest wrote:
revs wrote:Nice work Zach!
Where were you looking for crossbills?
Mostly the Reifel/Alaksen entrance area, plus once at Acadia Beach.
oh right, the White-winged, i was thinking Red.
2024 Photo Challenge - All BC Birds!

We are currently at 115 birds! Wow. Excellent wo[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]