This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By MDB8
I like catching birds doing things I don't normally see. So yawning photos, etc., are fine with me. But the Marsh Wren blooper is more like my bloopers. My most recent one is a shot of some branches in a tree where a Boreal Chickadee had been sitting prior to my shutter release. An older one is of a shrub where a White-eyed Vireo had been sitting prior to my shutter release. Despite waiting for some time, I never obtained another photographical view of these birds. I don't keep such images.

Another type of blooper is a lucky photo, one I wasn't expecting. When I first started taking bird images, I had no experience with which to judge an uncommon occurrence. If I saw something, I assumed I would see it again and get another opportunity. Well, it often didn't turn out that way. For example, while at Blackie Spit in 2009, I was watching a raptor which at the time I didn't recognize. It was a Peregrine Falcon, sitting not far from me. As I was lining up the photo, another raptor attacked it. Never since then have I seen a Northern Harrier attack a Peregrine. (Later the same day, I spotted the Harrier sitting on a snag and the Peregrine returned the favour.)

Older photos, saved in smaller size (I keep full size TIFFs in a large server.) I couldn't find these photos on my Flickr account, so posted them now to Flickr.

A good kind of blooper....
I've seen that same thing take place at Boundary Bay/104th St.! There is a tree right at the corner that the falcons like, and in my case the Peregrine actually held its own and didn't leave the perch, but it did endure a kick in the head or two from the female Harrier.

I saw another first a couple of days ago, which was a falcon of some sort (probably Peregrine) taking out a shorebird (probably a Dunlin). The victim made a large SMACK as it hit the mud, and the falcon took off (presumably planning to come back for it later).
By Garym
On one of my first forays into the world of birding and photography, I happened
to be focused on a Hooded Merganser when he got too close to a Grebe's nest
and was unceremoniously ejected. I thought his expression was priceless.
Gary Magnusson

ImageGrebe3 by
Gary Magnusson, on Flickr
2024 Photo Challenge - All BC Birds!

We are currently at 115 birds! Wow. Excellent wo[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]