This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
Great shots everyone!

Here are some of mine:

ImageLewis' Woodpecker by Adam Dhalla, on Flickr

This is the Lewis' Woodpecker at Burrard View in September 2016. This is my favorite woodpecker, so colorful!

ImageAmerican Three-Toed Woodpecker by Adam Dhalla, on Flickr

This is a three toe woodpecker that I saw a while ago at Princeton. One of my favorite woodpecker moments, he was at eye level and stayed for about 15 minutes!

ImageJapanese Pygmy Woodpecker by Adam Dhalla, on Flickr

Here is a Japanese Pygmy Woodpecker that I saw on my trip to Kyoto. These were the size of sparrows!

ImageRed-Breasted Sapsucker by Adam Dhalla, on Flickr

And finally, this is a shot of a Red Breasted Sapsucker near my home. Not that crisp but I do like the berries and snow, giving it a Christmas-y feel.
Here are a few of my favourite videos from a few years ago - one of a posing Red-breasted Sapsucker in the Squamish Estuary, one of an American Three-toed Woodpecker nest up at the Sea To Sky Gondola, and on of a Lewis's Woodpecker on the old nest tree near the Vaseux Cliffs.
Cheers,
Chris Dale,
Squamish

Wow! I've been away from the Forum for a while, and am quite surprised to find this thread still alive and well. What an awesome collection of woodpeckers from so many different places. Nick, if you still look in on this, thanks for starting it!

I last posted here back in September 2014. At that time, I still lacked quality PIWO shots; since moving to Kelowna, I've been able to find this species in a variety of locations where the birds were exceedingly friendly. I know there are lots of PIWO shots in the thread already, but would still like to enter these shots of Interior birds:

November 10, 2015:
Pileated Woodpecker - 11

December 31, 2015:
Pileated Woodpecker Grnwy 2

April 24, 2016:
Pileated Woodpecker (male) - 1

April 30, 2016 in roughly the same area:
Pileated Woodpecker posing like Usain Bolt

And some Red-shafted and Intergrade Northern Flickers, which we have in abundance:
Two shots of a freshly bathed bird in contrasting poses:
Northern Flicker - 2

Northern Flicker - 4
Redshafted female, drying off after a bath.
If we use our imagination, however, and ignore the truth, perhaps she's saying,
"I sooo tired! I can sleep even on this skinny round branch. Sleeeepp..."

An Intergrade from close to home:
Northern Flicker Intergrade

I've got a lot more, but that's enough—except for this one, which is another departure from the usual....
Flicker male - late afternoon on the Mullein

I can't sign off without at least shot of this special-to-me woodpecker.
After all, it was this species in part that drew me up here!

Lewis's Woodpecker on the Long Branch 2016

Again, thanks to everyone who has contributed and to those who've taken the time to see what diversity there is in this genus.

Cheers! :D

And finally from Iona Beach Park, there were a few[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

Update for 9 May 2024 ... we are at 158 birds! Woo[…]

Thank you to all who came out to support OWL at ou[…]