This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By keithric
Am visiting Kelowna again, and thoroughly enjoying the opportunities to see something different. I'm fascinated by Black-billed Magpies and plan to study them as well as I can. In this area, they're not only as common as crows, they're pretty much as vilified as crows are at the Coast. Here's a link to an excellent story from Edmonton this summer that helps to explain the love-hate attitude many birders have towards the BBMA:
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/opinion/ ... ederated=1

And here are some of my first shots, not the quality I'm hoping to reach, but a start:

Working a field near Munson Pond:
Black-billed Magpie - 1

Taking a bath in Mission Creek: a series:
This guy was across the creek, so these are heavily cropped shots....
Black-billed Magpie

Black-billed Magpie

Black-billed Magpie

Black-billed Magpie
"Hey, can't a guy take a dip around here without some paparazzo takin' his photograph??"

Hope you enjoyed the colour.... I am determined to get better quality photos!! :?
By Guyzerr
Love Magpies and you did a nice job capturing them. They can be hard to get in a natural setting.

It's unfortunate people think of them as pests, along with crows, ravens and gulls, because they clean up an awful lot of garbage that humans discard where ever they want.
By wendylou
Keith, you really picked up the colors in your creek/bathing shots, so beautiful. Have fun with those birds! I saw one south of Peachland once that was huge.

Nice to see the Savannah Sparrows back flitting am[…]

I was in Mexico last month and saw some new things[…]