This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By Fancy
So, this weekend we went to Sonoma CA, and I did quite a bit of birding. I got 14 lifers!
Here are some pics, most taken with my mom's camera, which is quite fun to use.

Acorn Woodpecker:

Oak Titmouse:

Heermann's Gulls:

White-breasted Nuthatch and Wild Turkey:

Western Gull:

And finally, the beautiful Western Scrub-jay

Thanks for looking! :D
By wings
It is so ironic: as a resident of Sonoma (county, that is, not the city) I yearn to some day photograph birds in your neck of the woods: gray jay, grouse, pine grosbeak, etc. while at home, even in my backyard, the Scrub jay is a regular resident (and backyard bully), the Oak titmouse have nested in my backyard nest box, and acorn woodpeckers are so common here I don't even bother to photograph them anymore ( I have hundreds of shots of them). White breasted nuthatch visited my backyard feeder yesterday, first time, although they are common in our local park.

So, wanna trade places temporarily?
By Fancy
wings wrote:It is so ironic: as a resident of Sonoma (county, that is, not the city) I yearn to some day photograph birds in your neck of the woods: gray jay, grouse, pine grosbeak, etc. while at home, even in my backyard, the Scrub jay is a regular resident (and backyard bully), the Oak titmouse have nested in my backyard nest box, and acorn woodpeckers are so common here I don't even bother to photograph them anymore ( I have hundreds of shots of them). White breasted nuthatch visited my backyard feeder yesterday, first time, although they are common in our local park.

So, wanna trade places temporarily?
Haha! I certainly wouldn't mind spending another day birding there. Even though it's only a few hours away by plane, the birds are so different!
By ogopogo
excellent Jay shots and cute Oak Titmouse Fancy. nice to see some different birds and to hear from a CA birder!
By Fancy
birdergirl wrote:Fancy, I wish we had them (titmouse) here they are sooo darn cute!

Not sure if you heard but a western scrubjay was spotted in richmond a few days ago :)

Cheers.
Who knows, maybe a titmouse will show up!

And yes, I did hear about the scrub-jay. I was hoping he would fly North towards me, :D

Nice to see the Savannah Sparrows back flitting am[…]

I was in Mexico last month and saw some new things[…]