This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By Guyzerr
I got a call today telling me my new 100-400 MkII was in so I scooted into the big city and picked it up.

Despite the weather being absolutely crappy, dull, grey and spitting rain I decided I had to try it out somewhere
so off to Boundary Bay I went fully expecting it to be a waste of time.

I arrived at the dyke, cranked up the ISO and started walking.

These are my first shots with that lens ( on my 7D MkII ) and even though there's a lot more noise than I like I was amazed
at how it tracked the bird. I can't wait for a nice sunny day when I can really try it out.

Northern Harrier all cropped about 50%

​​Image

Long Eared Owl
Thank goodness for being able to PP. Also thanks to BG for telling me what area they were in.

By Everett
What the??? I feel cheated Guyzer. Did you grease the palms of Canon? I ordered before you. Aaaarrrggghhhh....I am now going to drown myself in a jealousy fueled depression.
Well good for you - mine must be here soon. Looking forward to trading 'man my new lens is lot's of awesome' stories with you!
By Guyzerr
Everett wrote:What the??? I feel cheated Guyzer. Did you grease the palms of Canon? I ordered before you. Aaaarrrggghhhh....I am now going to drown myself in a jealousy fueled depression.
Well good for you - mine must be here soon. Looking forward to trading 'man my new lens is lot's of awesome' stories with you!

It's all about who you know Everett. :mrgreen:
By Guyzerr
Everett wrote:Hey Guyzer. I just noticed a missed call from Kerrisdale Cameras on my cell. Woo hoo!
:D :D :D :D
They're calling to tell you they were short shipped. :lol:
By Guyzerr
SueCoastalObserver wrote:Wow, looks like your new camera / lens are an awesome combination. I read your posting about the lens a few days ago, sounds like a major step up from the old version as does the new 7D MII . Great shots of the Harrier in flight and nice and sharp of the owl, a very successful day for you. Enjoy!
Hi Sue.........

Today was not the day to make any judgements about the lens due to the crappy light but from what I did see out of it along with the new body I think it's going to be a good combo. A sunny day won't come fast enough.
By Sherms
New camera and lens seems to be working well for you. Would love to hear what you think about the updated lens. I still have the old one which is a nice walk around lens but gave thought about a possible upgrade if I off loaded some of my old gear.

Nice to see the LEO are still at BB. I tried to find one last year but no luck. Maybe this year.

Sherman

Nice to see the Savannah Sparrows back flitting am[…]

I was in Mexico last month and saw some new things[…]