This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By MDB8
While driving down Highway 1 in Northern California, I noticed an easy pullout and stopped. Got out of my car, stretched my legs and walked up over a sand berm - and encountered a picnic on the beach. First time I've seen these birds on the ground.

By MDB8
Paul, I wasn't sure if anyone would be interested in a trip report.

I did travel down the Rio Grande to South Padre Island. I was contemplating driving up to High Island, but a storm blew in and I didn't want to spend $200/night for a room to look out at the heavy rain, so I just started back. 960 km later I had outflanked the storim, but was still in Texas. It is a BIG state.

11,466 kim total disitance.

Of course storms are likely to bring about Warbler fallouts, but there was no assurance that the storms would end soon. Some Warblers did appear at the Convention Center on South Padre Island. Lots of Orioles too.

I haven't really started to edit the 114 GB of photos I returned with.
By revs
MDB8 wrote:Paul, I wasn't sure if anyone would be interested in a trip report.

I did travel down the Rio Grande to South Padre Island. I was contemplating driving up to High Island, but a storm blew in and I didn't want to spend $200/night for a room to look out at the heavy rain, so I just started back. 960 km later I had outflanked the storim, but was still in Texas. It is a BIG state.

11,466 kim total disitance.

Of course storms are likely to bring about Warbler fallouts, but there was no assurance that the storms would end soon. Some Warblers did appear at the Convention Center on South Padre Island. Lots of Orioles too.

I haven't really started to edit the 114 GB of photos I returned with.
Mike, i like the way you write, always entertaining, would love to read your report sir :)

And finally from Iona Beach Park, there were a few[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

Update for 9 May 2024 ... we are at 158 birds! Woo[…]

Thank you to all who came out to support OWL at ou[…]