This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By featherweight
The Haines Hwy starts in the Yukon, goes into BC & ends in Haines, Alaska.
ImageAlong the Haines Highway by featherweight2009, on Flickr
I spent the night in Haines & took the 5pm ferry to Juneau the next day.
ImageHaines-to-Juneau by featherweight2009, on Flickr
ImageNear Juneau by featherweight2009, on Flickr
My friend was determined to help me find some wildlife, funny, but we didn't see a single bear! We saw a couple of porcupines that scuttled into the bush too quickly, but we did find a few birds! :D
ImageHarlequin Duck by featherweight2009, on Flickr
ImageLincoln's Sparrow by featherweight2009, on Flickr
ImageLincoln's Sparrow by featherweight2009, on Flickr
ImageRed-breasted Sapsucker by featherweight2009, on Flickr
The one land mammal I managed to photograph :lol:
ImageHoary Marmot by featherweight2009, on Flickr
The next day we went on a whale watching tour to hopefully see the main goal of my trip - Humpback Whales bubblenetting. We saw an amazing pod of 14-15 whales - they have never seen that many bubblenetting together before! Of course during that period my camera decided to act up, but it was still an amazing sight & of course after the bubblenetting I was able to fix the problem.
ImageBald Eagle by featherweight2009, on Flickr
We witnessed a young Humpback playing with a Sea Lion! The Sea Lion may look like he has an expression of fear, but he kept swimming up to the whale & diving down then playing in the whale's wake.
ImageYoung Humpback & Sea Lion by featherweight2009, on Flickr
Later that day we took the tram up Mount Robson where we found a few Wilson's Warblers
ImageWilson's Warbler by featherweight2009, on Flickr
Some beautiful wild flowers, including one of my favourites, Wild Columbine
ImageWild Columbine by featherweight2009, on Flickr
By picapica
fabulous pictures, every one Debra - the landscapes are breathtaking and it makes me want to make that same trip. thanks so much for sharing!
By birdergirl
Debra,

what a gorgeous series of photos Deb! I love those wild alpine flowers! Beautiful!!

The Bald eagle shot is absolutely stunning and so is the beautiful Hoary Marmot!! Well done!!! How cool that you caught the Humpback whale interacting and playing with the Sea Lion like that! Nature never ceases to amaze me and some people don't believe animals are sentient!!

Cheers,
Mel

Nice to see the Savannah Sparrows back flitting am[…]

I was in Mexico last month and saw some new things[…]