This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By mikullashbee
Hi All,
Shortly after my first couple posts here i up and left B.C. I joined my girlfriend who is attending school in New Zealand. All though it was a big uprooting it was well worth the adventure.
I haven't put the camera down since the plane landed.
Although these are not B.C. birds i wanted to share a few of my favourites with you and invite you to visit my website where there are plenty more to pursue through. Cheers.
Westland Petrel
Salvin's Mollymawk
Royal Spoonbill
Kea
Sacred Kingfisher
There Re plenty more to pursue through here:
http://www.mikeashbeephotography.com/Re ... mber-2015/
Thank You,
Michael Ashbee
Thank you Mel and Bridget. Glad to hear you have been following my updates Mel. I miss you and all the BC birds too.
Thanks for the kind words Bridget. In this case it wasn't much of a challenge to get low on this Albatross, he was riding high in the sky on a nice swell in the South Pacific.
By ogopogo
amazing to see birds never seen before. thanks for sharing Mike.
ran into a couple in Beacon Hill Park returning to Ontario from Aust/NZ trip. said the weather was 38 deg C. down under.
Cheryl
Thank you Cheryl and Courtney. The birds here are truly exotic(to me anyway). As far as temps go it is very warm down under. Today it is 30+ degrees in christchurch. Too hot to go shooting. I have been getting up at 5 to be on location for first light.
Cheers and thanks for the comments
Thank you Debra. I will indeed be able to give some good tips on where one would find some of these beauties. New Zealand is an amazing place for birds. It's a long flight but really worth the trip.
By revs
I have a dusty old copy of Nature Photographer in the washroom that i flip through every now and then when taking care of other business, i often stop to read the article on New Zealand and dream of going some day.
Just wanted to say your shots blow the ones posted in article away Mike, the Kea and kingfisher are both stunners, as are the rest.
Hahaha... I had to get rid of all my ole dusty issues of Nature Photographer when i moved. Countless hours flipping through those well after business was completed. Thanks for the kind words Paul, i highly recommend it for a birding/photography destination.

Along the Sandpipers theme, I had a couple hours t[…]

Buy Cocaine online | Buy Heroin Online | Buy Cryst[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

Current list -- we are at 142 birds! Wow ... Have[…]

The annual Open House at OWL (Orphaned Wildlife Re[…]