This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By mikullashbee
Hi Birders,
April marks the sixth month for me here in New Zealand. It has been truly amazing being surrounded by all these exotic bird species. April was very much a fall month here in Christchurch with cooler nights and shorter days. The leaves have all changed colour and all of our asiatic waders have packed up and are headed for their breeding grounds. Although the days are shorter it also means the sun is much lower in the sky allowing for shootable sun angles almost all day. I can honestly say fall is my favourite season here so far both weather wise and photo wise.
I managed to add quite a few new species to my photo files this month including the most endangered wader in the world, the Black Stilt. There are only around 100 of these birds left in the wild. I managed a couple trips out into the south pacific ocean where things also change seasonally. We were graced by the presence of the Buller's Mollymawk amonst other new arrivals. My favourite of the small Albatrosses.
Please check out my April Gallery here
http://www.mikeashbeephotography.com/Re ... pril-2016/
Black Stilt
Silvereye
Black-browed Albatross
Sacred Kingfisher
Buller's Albatross
Southern Royal Albatross

Cheers from down under.
Mike Ashbee
http://www.mikeashbeephotography.com
By birdergirl
Wow Mike your photos just keep getting better and better! Must have been surreal but also sad to be near a bird that only has 100 left of its species.

That Buller's Albatross is one of the most beautiful photos you have ever taken.

Keep on having the time of your life there. I can't believe it has been six months already since you left! It feels like yesterday when Ilya and I were saying goodbye to you in Victoria.

Hope you come back to visit soon!

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Mel
By Gavin
Great shots, again!

My wife and I really enjoy your photos as she is originally from New Zealand and has family in Christchurch. They sometimes make her a bit homesick.

Keep up the great work.
By bshier
April gallery of photos is absolutely outstanding - species i've never heard of, and phenomenal photography ! Very inspiring, thanks for sharing !
By mikullashbee
Thanks all. It has been the time of my life but i am also really missing our amazing spring birding in B.C. so thanks for sharing your shots and experiences here.
Cheers
Mike Ashbee
2024 Photo Challenge - All BC Birds!

Very nice capture of the Pheobe. I went out looki[…]

I was in Mexico last month and saw some new things[…]