This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
Guy! This was shot with the Olympus E-M1 & 300/4 with TC-14. With that razor sharp lens & superb Lens/Body image stabilization, it has become my system of choice for this type of Hand Held photography. I only use the 7D II/ Sigma combo for BIF shots for the most part!
Nice to see the appreciation for some common birds! And interesting to see what some people consider to be common compared to others.

The most widespread duck, but they are gorgeous in the right light!

And these flocks are everywhere in the winter here, and sometimes there's a blue morph mixed in.
BirderBert wrote:Guy! This was shot with the Olympus E-M1 & 300/4 with TC-14. With that razor sharp lens & superb Lens/Body image stabilization, it has become my system of choice for this type of Hand Held photography. I only use the 7D II/ Sigma combo for BIF shots for the most part!

I know nothing about that system so it's going to give me something photography wise to read about.

I do know that the Canon 7D MkII and my 100-400mm Mk II is like using a cruise missile. Once it locks on to a BIF.... well... nuff said.
My contribution.

First a flicker but a bit uncommon in that it has the markings of a yellow shafted but is clearly red shafted.
Intergrade Northern Flicker by brian avent, on Flickr

One of my favourites, the little Green-winged Teal. I find them typically hard to get close enough for a good picture but on one visit to Piper Spit they were underfoot.

Green-winged Teal by brian avent, on Flickr

Down on the shore there are always Sanderlings
Found a clam by brian avent, on Flickr

In my neighbourhood, the snow geese are always dropping down out of the sky for a snack. I love to hear them and see them but they do make a mess. For anybody not familiar with the Richmond Snow Geese, they are here by the thousands and have moved from the foreshore to the parks and school ground and now to the urban boulevards and lawns in the last 7 years or so.

Snow Goose set up for landing by brian avent, on Flickr
Snow Geese by brian avent, on Flickr

Nice to see the Savannah Sparrows back flitting am[…]

I was in Mexico last month and saw some new things[…]