This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By VAGAbond
Here are a couple of recent pictures of an Eared Grebe in basic plumage. These were from the Blaine Marina which is only a little bit outside of the Lower Mainland.

Eared Grebe by brian avent, on Flickr

Eared Grebe by brian avent, on Flickr

(This is my first attempt to post pictures from Flickr as previously I used another source. Hope it works.)
By VAGAbond
Yes, surprisingly we did get close. I was with a Delta Naturalists group of about 10 and as we walked down the ramp to the floats our leader commented that we were going to find something rare here. Right in front of us just off the float was a Horned Grebe but no, on closer inspection it was the Eared Grebe. It continued about its business of diving for some seconds while everybody observed and took pictures and then it slowly worked its way out of site in the marina. As Mel has said, these Grebes are seldom close. Most of my previous sightings have been much too far away for photography.

I don't think we have a Whimbrel yet and although […]