This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By Crysser
Alright, I've sifted through the photos I took yesterday and this morning of the swarm of warblers that descended on my backyard, concentrating themselves on our plum tree, which is now inhabited by considerably fewer caterpillars. It was almost mind-boggling to see so many species together, a couple of which are lifers for me, and I hope there are still a few kicking around tomorrow morning!

First off, I believe these are Orange-crowned Warblers:

Next up, some Wilson's Warblers

And a couple Yellow Warblers

And a beautiful Townsend's Warbler, a lifer I was amazed to find right in my backyard!

Now this next one, I'm thinking it might be a Nashville Warbler? If so, I am gratified to add another lifer to my list! (Corrections are welcome if anyone has reason to believe it's something else...)

There were also a number of these "honourary Warblers" in the group- Warbling Vireos (hey they have 'warbling' in their name, close enough :lol: )

And among the Black-capped Chickadees that dropped in to get their share of tasty caterpillars, I spotted a couple Chestnut-backed Chickadees!

And a few Bushtits joined in as well...

This is my first brush with a "Warbler fallout", and I feel lucky to have had so many of these beautiful little birds right in my backyard! (The plum tree is probably very thankful as well :P ) Hope you enjoy these pics as much as I did taking them!
2024 Photo Challenge - All BC Birds!

We are currently at 115 birds! Wow. Excellent wo[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]