This forum is for posting bird photos and for general discussions in the field of bird photography. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, you are encouraged to include a link to your personal bird photo galleries.
By imagemaster
For anyone wanting a versatile & light birding camera/lens combo, I highly recommend the Olympus EM 1 Mk II with the Panasonic/Leica 100-400mm zoom.

Very good AF for birds in flight, very high fps, silent electronic shutter, or mechanical shutter, plus many other options.

By Neil V
Very nice image, thanks for sharing.

I am going to be upgrading my E-M1 to the E-M1.2 soon...do you happen to use any of the older original Four Thirds lenses? I have an Olympus 90-250 and want to know how all those 'extra' PDAF points improve focusing speed/accuracy...
Great shot! I too am a huge Olympus fan and use the E-M1 + 300/4 plus TC-14 combo for most of my bird shots. I ended up buying a Canon 7D II + Sigma 150-600 Sport for Birds in flight as the Olympus E-M1 sucks at BIF. I was hoping the new E-M1 II would be a big improvement over the original in this regard. Looking forward to some of your BIF shots!
So Far In May

Thanks for sharing these great photos! Thanks[…]

Iona checklist and etc.

Hi.. I'm planning on crossing the pond (from Victo[…]

Canon T6i ( Body only )

SOLD

Not the best at gull ID but i'll give it a try. […]