This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By MDB8
Quick and dirty processing of some recent photos. More on the Flickr account.

On a bright day, colourful birds light up. Although far away, this male Yellow Warbler looks good.

I came across a male juvenile Bullock's Oriole. It was making calls from within a tree. Previously I had see a trio of Bullock's return and the returning adult male chased off the juvenile male. Likely this male is trying to establish a territory and then hope for a female to show up.

A shorebird we don't often see on the west coast and in particular in the lower mainland is the Red Knot. A little larger than the Dowitcher, but smaller than the Black-bellied Plover. More wary than the Dowitchers, but less wary than the Plovers.

Interesting tags/bands on them.

Typical fly-by of Shorebirds, including Dowitchers, Red Knots, etc. Best seen in larger size on Flickr.

Finally I came upon a Bonaparte's Gull in breeding plumage wading near the shore.

Images of still more local birds to be posted soon. Perhaps a couple of surpriese....
2024 Photo Challenge - All BC Birds!

Very nice capture of the Pheobe. I went out looki[…]

I was in Mexico last month and saw some new things[…]