This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By MDB8
I (almost) stumbled upon an area with a surprising number of Black-throated Gray Warblers nesting. Last year I did stumble upon one bird, but this year, there were many - 10 to 20 of them. Very dim lighting, though.

Nearby was a small flock/family of Warbling Vireos. Also in dim lighting.

I guessed that the Sapsuckers would be back and checked out a location where I knew they had nested in past years. Nice male was flying about.

During the wet season, I did some "car birding", just driving around keeping dry and stopping if I saw something interesting. I have always liked the look of these Ring-necked Pheasants. This one was walking along the side of the road - until I stopped.

For those who would like to obtain close photos of Harlequin Ducks, Pt. Roberts is the place to visit. They frequently swim along the shoreline and often sit on rocks by the water.

And, although not Birds, an irresistable caption popped into my mind for this photo. During the Herring Spawn at Pt. Roberts, some Sea Lions were swimming close to shore. Whenever someone came by on the path, they started yakking. I think they are saying, "Throw us your small children - or at least your dogs!"

Although, like the BTGWs (above), the MacGillivray's Warbler does nest in the Lower Mainland, I seldom see them. Recently, however, I did encounter a singing male. Likely the season for singing.

Finally, I have come upon more Bullock's Orioles this year than in any past year. Possibly because I often take a trip at this time of the year. So while parking my car, I spotted a female Bullock's Oriole checking out a towing hitch on a nearby vehicle. Later she flew high up into a nearby tree and I saw another bird of equal size fly into the same tree at the same height. Then at another location, while walking the path, I heard a scolding sound I recognized as a Bullock's call. I stopped and looked high up for some time before seeing this bright male.

As usual, more photos on the Flickr page.
By mcrosbie
You certainly did see lots of great species, and despite the low light, they came out nice and clear. Thanks for sharing them with us. If I am not already following you on Flickr, I will now.

Here is a Cedar Waxwing from a few weeks back at B[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]