This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By revs
Did manage to get out a bit on both Sat and Sunday this week, still sticking close to home since i had household duties later on both days.

Ran into a flock of bushtits at Inter-River park in North Vancouver, that location can be pretty good, mostly i just walk around the fields and check the bushes and trees, Quintin told me once that Lazuli Bunting used to breed there and this year i was paying extra special attention but didn't see any. Last two visits i have heard the "whinnying" call of Wilson's Snipe..somewhere, anyone know where a good spot is to find them there?

Did see a Yellow-rumped warbler at Maplewood on the weekend but best looks were of this Orange-rumped warbler near the Seymour Filtration plant in North Van.

Lets hear it for the "little brown birds"!
Good to see the Fox sparrows back at Seymour Filtration plant (noticed my first Song Sparrow of the season in my back yard again yesterday, may have to put my blind up again soon and shoot those yard birds again).

Heavy crop of a distant Savannah sparrow at Inter-river park.

Rounded off my weekend at Maplewood Flats on Sunday morning, checking out the feeders. Who doesn't love the simple elegance of the chickadee? we take them for granted here but i love them, cool that i know that i can get Black-capped at Maplewood and if i drive a small distance up to Seymour demonstration forest Chestnut-backed can be found instead.

Have a great week everyone! encourage your birder/photog friends to re-visit this forum if you get a chance, it is what we make it (when i first peeked in at the forum last week it was so quiet i thought some air-born virus had wiped everyone out LOL, good to see some familiar faces popping out of the woodwork again!)
By Keithmac
Very nice set Paul and yes we need to get more of the photographers back and hopefully people will be a little freer with their comments to encourage more participation. Everyone likes to know that their efforts are appreciated. The site will only be what we make it.
By Calidris33
So happy to see you back here Paul. I always admire your pictures, and especially your love of our "every day" birds! Beautiful work.

Here is a Cedar Waxwing from a few weeks back at B[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]