This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
Months ago i was mentioning how i wanted to show some love to the birds that don't get the attention that others do with birders.
I took a look at my own patio/yard and decided to set up a blind and see what i could catch.
I found some mossy tree stumps and set them up like i do when in Thailand, boiled some tea and waited..patiently until i got some birds coming in. Moving my feeders down near ground level helped get the birds where i wanted them.

What did i get for all my efforst over a number of weeks?

I know i know, nothing to get the twitcher's blood racing but hey, these are the birds of my yard :)
During the summer the birds wandered off but the last week has seen them coming back again for the fall, may have to set that blind up again.

Thanks for looking!
Garym wrote:Well, you know, Paul, even the Sparrows need some loving sometimes.
Gary
We all need some love every now and then.
Unrelated i guess (or not) but years ago i made a slightly sarcastic crack about a former poster's user name here when he went on a rant about this forum (and eventually got kicked off by admin), i didn't know the guy but was just sticking up for this place at the time.
He is quite active on flickr and knows many of the same contacts i do, so the other day in an effort to make things right (yes, i've been throwing olive branches out to a few people in an effort to be a better person since i came back from oblivion, no it hasn't worked, some people would rather carry a grudge for life even though we were supposedly "good friends" at one point) anyways, i said some nice things about a number of his shots on flickr, was happy to see that he added me as a contact and when i tried to reciprocate and finally tell him that i was sorry i found out he blocked me instead when he finally realized who i was i guess :lol: seriously? you blocked me? ok, well at least i tried, haters gotta hate. :wink:

Here is a Cedar Waxwing from a few weeks back at B[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]