This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By revs
October is my favourite month, its my birthday month and also this year the month we take our next birding trip out of country :D (will post up a report when it is all said and done later this month so stay tuned).
Anyways, was able to get out on Sunday morning and checked out Hastings Park next to the PNE - always on the lookout for Green herons in the pond and while one was reported on the excellent vanbirds yahoo site recently i didn't see any this time.

Did see a nice Cooper's hawk right when i arrived chasing the goldfinch flocks just off Renfrew by the gardens.

Later i spent some time on the floating dock and shot some of the birds in the surrounding trees.

This looks good for Hermit Thrush since i believe Swainson's has left the area already and note the barely visible rufous red tail.

Dark-eyed Junco in nice morning light.

Since i could not locate the Green Heron i went back to the goldfinches and spent some time shooting them. Very flighty birds when they feed near the ground so i took what i could before they flew off again.

Thanks for looking (and if you go looking for the goldfinches they are often near the Chris Columbus statue in the garden area).

Have a great week :)
By revs
Thanks Rob we will be flying down to Ecuador for 10 days!
I'm hoping that we can rack up enough species to reach my goal of 1000 species photographed this year, we will see though, not good to count chickens until they are hatched :lol:

Here is a Cedar Waxwing from a few weeks back at B[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]