This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
I mostly take pictures of birds that come to the yard, I have planted shrubs and plants that attract birds and pollinators, I also have a water feature that the birds love. With the hot weather the yard was very quiet with mostly just hummingbirds but there was some good days and since I seem to be retired now I was able to be there when something did come through.

Some warblers are only seen for a few day's going north and a few day's going south so you have to be ready for the few seconds they might be perched in front of you, I will use a blind and I am ten to 14 feet away from them, if in the shade I use my 400 2.8 wide open and if there is sun I put on the 1.7 teleconverter and move back a couple of feet and shoot at 5.6.

Black-throated Gray Warbler.

Common Yellowthroat warbler

Orange-crowned Warbler, on hot days they will do this to let the heat out.

Townsend's Warbler.

Wilson's Warbler.

Yellow Warbler.

Yellow-rumped Warbler.

Flycatcher's and Vireo's, they like to hit the water with a splash then flyback into cover but sometimes they will pick a perch in the open and repeatedly fly back to that spot.

Warbling Vireo.

Hammond's Flycatcher.

Hutton's Vireo.

Song Sparrow.

Lincoln Sparrow.

Spotted Towee.

White-crowned Sparrow.

I use a Nikon D700 and 400 2.8 af-i lens that was built in the 90's which seem to be considered the olden days now.

Thanks for looking, any questions ask away, part 2 is coming still lots more birds.
MartinD wrote:
revs wrote:Keep em coming Martin!
you know i've always been a fan of your work :)
Thanks Paul, it's been awhile since you were up here, not as many birds these day's but still getting those Pileateds.
If you ever open up that B&B proper i will pay to come sit in your blinds, you have an awesome yard!
revs wrote:
MartinD wrote:
revs wrote:Keep em coming Martin!
you know i've always been a fan of your work :)
Thanks Paul, it's been awhile since you were up here, not as many birds these day's but still getting those Pileateds.
If you ever open up that B&B proper i will pay to come sit in your blinds, you have an awesome yard!
I have thought about doing that but it seems like too much work and I would have less time for me to enjoy it myself. And I am always behind on the yard work as it is...
2024 Photo Challenge - All BC Birds!

We are currently at 115 birds! Wow. Excellent wo[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]