This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
I plant lost of hummingbird friendly plants in my pollinator garden, lots of them around the deck and waterfall so there always around when I am sitting outside, I have feeders but I take them down for the summer since there are plenty of flowers for them.

Male Anna's

I like to get pictures of them at the flowers, I don't worry about freezing the wings.
Anna's juvenile female.

Rufous juvenile male, the young males dominate the yard for the summer, the adults leave by the end of June.

Hummingbirds spend most there day perched watching for other hummingbirds guarding there patch.

Juvenile Rufous Hummingbird and Salvia exserta.

Young rufous and Salvua "Hot Lips"

Young rufous and hardy fucsia.

Rufous juvenile and Salvia "Black and Blue"

Young Anna's and Bee Balm.

Rufous among the flowers.

Male Rufous Hummingbird on a rhodondendron bud.

In the spring the first place I will see the rufous is in the waterfall.

quadrakid wrote:Wonderful pictures,really great.
Thanks! Glad you liked them.
Amazing! I tried to 'fake' the plant scene this summer by attaching snipped blossoms to the hummingbird feeder, but it never quite worked out. :lol:
I haven't had much luck with that either, I find having plants near where I am taking pictures of other birds works best then when a hummingbird comes by I will get pictures of them also.

Thanks!
2024 Photo Challenge - All BC Birds!

We are currently at 115 birds! Wow. Excellent wo[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]