This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By zwest
When I noticed the sun shining just after noon, I decided to end my workday early and made a bee line out to Iona Beach Park. I specifically wanted to find the Snow Buntings and a Surf Scoter or two.

The place did not disappoint!

At the start of the jetty, this little golf ball sized Western Sandpiper strutted out in front of me, and it felt to me like a good omen:

Shortly after, a Horned Lark landed next to me on the higher trail:

A few minutes later, I found my Snow Buntings:

There were also many Lapland Longspurs along the way:

At the very end of the jetty, I found some Surf Scoters, and one in particular within 20 feet of the rocks:

Plenty of Bald Eagle action as well:

And quite a few (8+) of these guys:

There were of course all the regulars: Double-crested Cormorant, American Wigeon (stay away from mee-hee), Mallard, Northern Pintail, and I also saw one lonely Ruddy Duck!

^^ At least I think that's what it was - please correct me if I'm mistaken...

I was feeling the blessings of the Bird Gods, so I took the long away round back to the car to see if I could find anything else interesting...

And I spotted a Belted Kingfisher!

And last but not least, a Ruby-crowned Kinglet:

In the woods there were of course Golden Crowned, Fox, and Song Sparrows, Spotted Towhees, Starlings, Northern Flickers, a wren that got away on me...

All in all, a very satisfying outing... Iona really is an amazing place.
2024 Photo Challenge - All BC Birds!

We are currently at 115 birds! Wow. Excellent wo[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]