This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By MDB8
A few recent photos taken at various locations.

First up, a Pigeon Guillemot at Point Roberts. There is a small flock living there and they sometimes come close to shore.

Also from Point Roberts, a Horned Lark displaying its horns.

And, still from Pt. Roberts, a Common Tern having words with a Bonaparte's Gull. "Common" Terns are uncommon in these parts.

Still another from Pt. Roberts, a Belted Kingfisher.

From Boundary Bay, an American Kestrel male. The Owlies below either didn't see him, or else ignored a non-Owl.

From Elgin Heritage Park a visiting American Avocet juvenile.

Back to Point Roberts where I encountered a pair of Western Meadowlarks foraging on the beach. Some of these days were very dull and I pushed the ISO up to 4000.

At Boundary Bay I went to a location rich in American Pipits. Saw around 20 of them on a sunny day.

A surprise at the White Rock Pier - a pair of Black Scoters swimming close to the shoreline.

At Blackie Spit on a very cold, but sunny morning I came across a busy Ruby-crowned Kinglet while the sun was at my back.

And on a cold, dark day I went seeking the Richmond Blue Jay. Another high ISO photo.

On a chilly day at Boundary Bay, I finally came across a wintering Yellow-rumped Warbler. Not too many there this year.

I'll throw in one bonus photo of a Barn Owl. I had never seen one flying before, only sitting in a tree. I watched one snag a rodent and carry it off to a nearby tree. Very cold morning with low light and again, high ISO.

By ogopogo
a Winter Wish List for sure! there's a real commitment in time and quality getting these beautiful shots Mike. the Barn is the cherry on top. thanks for sharing.
By mcrosbie
Wonderful collection of photos. Makes me want to go to DOTBOB with my friend. (He goes there regularly). We live in the Comox Valley.
2024 Photo Challenge - All BC Birds!

We are currently at 115 birds! Wow. Excellent wo[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]