This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
amazing shots & stories (love those drive-by surprises & how hawks bring you into birding) everyone! thanks for posting mine Paul.
My friends drove me up to Nanaimo River Estuary Jan 1_2015 where we joined Nanaimo birder Steve Large and some Victoria birders watching (they say a female juv) Rough-legged Hawk hunt right in front of us on the river. There is always something interesting there.
The second I thought was a Sharp-shinned on Mt Tolmie. It is smaller and has been up there around the end of April for 3 yrs. You can check it out and see what you think.
The Beacon Hill Park RTHA hunts for garter snakes each summer in the field left of the Zoo. That's fun to watch and you can get up close when he is successful.
The juv RTHA was out at Blenkinsop Lake trestle.
Best place to find Peregrine Falcons is on Cedar Hill Golf Course and Panama Flats.
ogopogo wrote:amazing shots & stories (love those drive-by surprises & how hawks bring you into birding) everyone! thanks for posting mine Paul.
My friends drove me up to Nanaimo River Estuary Jan 1_2015 where we joined Nanaimo birder Steve Large and some Victoria birders watching (they say a female juv) Rough-legged Hawk hunt right in front of us on the river. There is always something interesting there.
The second I thought was a Sharp-shinned on Mt Tolmie. It is smaller and has been up there around the end of April for 3 yrs. You can check it out and see what you think.
The Beacon Hill Park RTHA hunts for garter snakes each summer in the field left of the Zoo. That's fun to watch and you can get up close when he is successful.
The juv RTHA was out at Blenkinsop Lake trestle.
Best place to find Peregrine Falcons is on Cedar Hill Golf Course and Panama Flats.
Cooper's was my guess since i wasn't sure which tags went with pics, Sharp-shinned it is :)
I just took a photograph of my first Hawk in Flight. I'm new at this.. and one of my camera settings was wrong and so I had to shop it back to something viewable. I was at Swan Lake in Victoria on March 3 and this Redtailed Hawk flew overhead.. and into the sun.. Anyways.. I'm so tickled.

hawks are pretty awe-inspiring when they fly overhead. good attempt. you got it all in the frame. it is easier to identify hawks this way, especially the RTHA, which is the only hawk with a black bar at the fore edge of its wing.

And finally from Iona Beach Park, there were a few[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

Update for 9 May 2024 ... we are at 158 birds! Woo[…]

Thank you to all who came out to support OWL at ou[…]