This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By revs

Went back a third time to Chiba Gardens in North Van to see if the honky-tonk warbler was still around and yes, indeed it was. Also spotted the Orange-crowned warbler that has been hanging around, i guess they are friends now, hey, warblers gotta stick together right?.

Pacific wrens are getting easier to spot in the woods since they are more vocal now, just listen for the out of control song :lol:
beautiful shots Paul. the Pac Wrens make me lighten my step in the woods; you'd think I was an elephant about to trash their nest the way they carry on!
By jewill
Lovely pictures Paul.
I wish he’s come closer to the Surrey area; I just can’t handle the traffic in Vancouver.
By zwest
jewill wrote:Lovely pictures Paul.
I wish he’s come closer to the Surrey area; I just can’t handle the traffic in Vancouver.
Yeah, my strategy for the North Shore is always weekends only, first thing in the morning, and it's not bad at all. It's actually quicker to get to Maplewood than to Reifel, and I live in Delta!

Even the Lonsdale area is not so bad, via Main (first exit off Hwy 1) and 3rd streets with free parking on 1st.
By revs
zwest wrote:
jewill wrote:Lovely pictures Paul.
Yeah, my strategy for the North Shore is always weekends only, first thing in the morning, and it's not bad at all. It's actually quicker to get to Maplewood than to Reifel, and I live in Delta!

Even the Lonsdale area is not so bad, via Main (first exit off Hwy 1) and 3rd streets with free parking on 1st.
If we just removed Vancouver all would be good lol
I rarely leave the shore and if i head out to Delta its gotta be early in the morning because of traffic.
By revs
zwest wrote:Oh, by the way I finally got a (high ISO, in-the-drizzle) shot of the warbler on Sunday, as well as some Pigeon Guillemots that had been eluding me forever. Successful days always feel good. :mrgreen:
the guillemots by the pier? good location, especially if you are on the small floating dock next to it.
Thanks for the reminder, need to get over there again soon.
By zwest
revs wrote:
zwest wrote:Oh, by the way I finally got a (high ISO, in-the-drizzle) shot of the warbler on Sunday, as well as some Pigeon Guillemots that had been eluding me forever. Successful days always feel good. :mrgreen:
the guillemots by the pier? good location, especially if you are on the small floating dock next to it.
Thanks for the reminder, need to get over there again soon.
Yeah there were a half dozen at least, now in breeding plumage. A couple came right up to the dock/wharf or whatever it's called, by the seabus terminal. Great spot for the Pelagics as well.

Nice to see the Savannah Sparrows back flitting am[…]

I was in Mexico last month and saw some new things[…]