This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By zwest
So far March has been pretty good to me, and I've managed to strike a few more "unusual" birds off the list.

I visited Pt. Roberts a couple of weeks ago and discovered it's a great place for Sanderlings:

No luck with the Rhino Auklet yet, but maybe I'll go back in a month or two and try again. (BTW Pt. Roberts is also very good for Brandt's Cormorants fly-bys)

I'd never managed to find the Pigeon Guillemot before until last weekend (Lonsdale). The weather wasn't the greatest but it's a start.

And last week, Say's Phoebe showed up at Iona (maybe it's still there)!

I had pretty much given up on the Mourning Dove due to the huge numbers of Collared-Doves, but yesterday there were a few at Richmond Nature Park.

And last but not least, a Townsend's Solitaire at Terra Nova:

Thanks for looking!
Zach
By zwest
Owlet wrote:Noice ones, Zach!

Cool finding a TOSO at Terra Nova!
Yeah, the lesson here is always chase after a Snipe. You won't find it again, but you may find something else :mrgreen:
By revs
zwest wrote:
Owlet wrote:Noice ones, Zach!

Cool finding a TOSO at Terra Nova!
Yeah, the lesson here is always chase after a Snipe. You won't find it again, but you may find something else :mrgreen:
I have chased snipe at terra nova a few times LOL, i wish i could get out there myself, maybe Sunday..
Great inspiring shots, keep em coming!
By Owlet
Guys if you're looking for Snipe you should check out this spot called 'Steve's Farm' near Steveston. The ebird hotspot is here: https://ebird.org/hotspot/L794682. I went for my first time just last week and was able to see around fifteen snipes in a small area. Basically just get on to Steveston Hwy and keep driving west until the road stops at a trail entrance. The 'farm' is right by there, no walking needed. In a little fenced in area, look for movement in the marsh. It is a great winter spot, but they will be leaving soon so if ya want to see them in the numbers you guys should head there! I got a link to the google maps spot but it is ridiculously long so i shortened it in bit.do - here's the link: http://bit.do/StevesFarmBirdSpot
By ogopogo
great finds & shots Zach. nice of you to share too Adam. wasn't able to spot the Tennessee Warbler seen at Swan Lk but saw Audubon's & Yellow-rumped warblers, Violet-green Swallows, active Marsh Wrens, American Coot & anna's on the nest.
By revs
Owlet wrote:Guys if you're looking for Snipe you should check out this spot called 'Steve's Farm' near Steveston. The ebird hotspot is here: https://ebird.org/hotspot/L794682. I went for my first time just last week and was able to see around fifteen snipes in a small area. Basically just get on to Steveston Hwy and keep driving west until the road stops at a trail entrance. The 'farm' is right by there, no walking needed. In a little fenced in area, look for movement in the marsh. It is a great winter spot, but they will be leaving soon so if ya want to see them in the numbers you guys should head there! I got a link to the google maps spot but it is ridiculously long so i shortened it in bit.do - here's the link: http://bit.do/StevesFarmBirdSpot
Thanks Adam, will have to check it out one day!
By jewill
Nice shots Zach!
Point Roberts is good for Sanderling and I’ve found Pigeon Guillemot there too. Just last Wednesday I looked out my window and saw 2 Mourning Doves foraging on the ground under the feeder. I’ve never seen them here before and, so far, they are yet to make another appearance.
Thanks for the tip on finding Snipe Adam. They are 1 of my many ‘nemesis’ birds. I have a couple of distant shots of them several years ago at Serpentine and that’s it. I will definitely have to check out Steves Farm.
By zwest
Thanks Adam! The funny thing is I had a rather lengthy excursion planned to try and find bluebirds, but before I even got in the car these two just randomly hopped out in front of me. Saved me loads of time, lol.
By revs
[quote="zwest"]Thanks Adam! The funny thing is I had a rather lengthy excursion planned to try and find bluebirds, but before I even got in the car these two just randomly hopped out in front of me. Saved me loads of time, lol.[/quote

bluebirds in Delta zwest? Nice shots!
I found one at the automall in North Van last year, but not until April 21.
By zwest
revs wrote:
zwest wrote:Thanks Adam! The funny thing is I had a rather lengthy excursion planned to try and find bluebirds, but before I even got in the car these two just randomly hopped out in front of me. Saved me loads of time, lol.[/quote

bluebirds in Delta zwest? Nice shots!
I found one at the automall in North Van last year, but not until April 21.
No I was staying at Harrison Hot Springs on the weekend. Apparently, though, more were spotted in Surrey and Richmond so it's still possible!
By jewill
Beautiful Bluebird shots Zach. I was going to ask where they were taken, but Paul beat me to it. If you had said your backyard you would have become my new best friend :lol:.
By zwest
jewill wrote:Beautiful Bluebird shots Zach. I was going to ask where they were taken, but Paul beat me to it. If you had said your backyard you would have become my new best friend :lol:.
Well, somebody spotted a couple of them at Surrey Bend yesterday. We might have a full bluebird invasion on our hands soon. :mrgreen:

Here is a Cedar Waxwing from a few weeks back at B[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]