This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
There were so many birds to see that I'll just post a few more highlights. Please feel free to check out my flickr photo stream (link at the bottom) for many more birds and of course the animals, if you like.
ImageOstrich by featherweight2009, on Flickr
ImageKori Bustard by featherweight2009, on Flickr
ImageRosy-Breasted (Pink-Throated) Longclaw by featherweight2009, on Flickr
ImageGrey Crowned Crane flight by featherweight2009, on Flickr
ImageGrey-Breasted Spurfowl by featherweight2009, on Flickr
ImageSaddle-Billed Stork by featherweight2009, on Flickr
ImageLong-Crested Eagle by featherweight2009, on Flickr
ImageUsambiro Barbet by featherweight2009, on Flickr
ImageSecretary Bird by featherweight2009, on Flickr
ImageWater Thick-Knee (Dikkop) by featherweight2009, on Flickr
ImageSpotted Thick-Knee (Dikkop) by featherweight2009, on Flickr
ImageGreater Painted Snipe by featherweight2009, on Flickr
ImageSilvery-Cheeked Hornbill by featherweight2009, on Flickr
There are so many more shots I haven't posted & I still haven't finished processing shots from the trip! Thank you for looking!
ogopogo wrote:fantastic selection! how did you keep track of all the names?
Thank you Cheryl! I had a notebook where I started everyday with the date & location then wrote down the names of everything I saw - birds & animals. Unfortunately at the beginning of the trip I wasn't very good at remembering to do that, so I've had to do a lot of consulting with my Birds of Africa guidebook and I also have a number of shots that I just can't figure out, so when I'm done I'll email them to a couple of the guides who I'm sure will be able to help me out. :D
By jewill
Wow oh wow! That’s all I can say.
Just had a look at your album on Flickr and that too has blown me away. All of the animals are stunning, but especially the cheetahs.
Thank you for sharing all of this Debra.
revs wrote:Fantastic! and you say this wasn't a birding trip? :)
:lol: What's great about Africa is the amount of birds, they're everywhere! So when you're in the safari vehicle looking for mammals, (but not finding any) for the birders there is always something to see! Also on my trip our leaders were both into birds and one in particular is a birder, as well all of the guides/drivers knew their birds, so it was awesome all around! :D

Here is a Cedar Waxwing from a few weeks back at B[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]