This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
when a person gets up at a reasonable time in the morning, he/she stands a better chance of seeing a bird that might otherwise be missed. This morning I was up at 8 a.m. and saw a Northern Flicker at my feeder. i am posting the only half decent photo I got of him. I think he was a male. The trick with skittish birds like flickers and woodpeckers and towhees, it to move very slowly and stay back and use a zoom lens. Here is the only decent shot I got this morning.

ImageNorthern flicker at my feeder by mcrosbie, on Flickr
Yes, that is a Male Flicker (red malar or moustache stripe). I get them quite often at my feeder and last year they even brought the kids around for a snack, so I’m hoping for the same this year. What I like about bird photography (or wildlife in general) is that you take your first, or record, shot and then you can always improve on it later. I’d say you are off to a good start.
Thanks for posting it.
My body is so tuned from years of getting up before 5am for work that when i try to sleep in on weekends i can't stay in bed later than 6:30am :lol:

Good birds come to those that get up early, i think they call it the "early bird getting the worm" :)

Nice Flicker!

And finally from Iona Beach Park, there were a few[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

Update for 9 May 2024 ... we are at 158 birds! Woo[…]

Thank you to all who came out to support OWL at ou[…]