This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
Went up to Burnaby Mountain on Saturday morning since i know Townsend's Solitaire can be located up by the restaurant sometimes but all i saw were robins, and plenty of them.
Decided to head back to North Vancouver and checked out the spot i know for Rufous hummingbirds, wouldn't you know it, a solitaire popped up into view :)

The next morning i headed back to the spot and did get some ok FOY hummingbird shots, but no solitaire (i heard Maplewood flats had a couple though, along with Hermit Thrush and Say's Phoebe too!).

This bird perches too high though, need to find another that sits closer to eye level, BG could be nicer too.

While i had seen Yellow-rumped warblers already this season i did not get any shots until yesterday, was happy about the looks until i realized it had some funky thing going on with the base of its beak, tree sap making it sticky or some growth?

That's all i got, birding is picking up finally though, saw my first goldfinches and white-crowned sparrows of the year yesterday :)
Nice ones Paul; I have yet to see a Rufous this year and I’ve never seen a Townsend’s Solitaire so you’ve given me another addition to my “yet to get” list.
zwest wrote:Spectacular! I’ve been seeing a lot of rufous lately here but it’s hard to get one in the right light like that.
I took hundreds of shots where the light wasn't right, but catching the gorget flaring colorfully, not so many shots.
I suppose if i was still using fill flash like i used to years ago it would be easier but i enjoy the challenge of shooting natural light :)

Nice to see the Savannah Sparrows back flitting am[…]