This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By Keithmac
Took a ride this morning to see how the Eagles nest was doing. When we got there the male was sitting high in a tree keeping an eye on the female sitting on the Eaglets. There is two Eaglets in the nest, one is 6 days old and the other is 3 days old. The male took off shortly after we got there and was gone for about an hour and came back with a big crab for the babes. When he arrived the female left the nest and the male took over care and fed his youngsters. After he fed them he put them to bed and sat on them to keep them warm. I was amazed at how gentle these huge birds are with such tiny babies, so wonderful to be able to see them care for their young.

ImageDSC_4118.jpg by Keith MacDonald, on Flickr

ImageDSC_4128.jpg by Keith MacDonald, on Flickr

ImageDSC_4150.jpg by Keith MacDonald, on Flickr

ImageDSC_4241.jpg by Keith MacDonald, on Flickr

ImageDSC_4265.jpg by Keith MacDonald, on Flickr

ImageDSC_4274.jpg by Keith MacDonald, on Flickr
By jewill
Stunnung pictures, as always, Keith. Thank you for taking the time to share them with us.
Keithmac wrote:I was amazed at how gentle these huge birds are with such tiny babies, so wonderful to be able to see them care for their young.
I too find it incredible how gentle these birds can be. I’ve been watching the bald eagle nest cam at Decorah, Iowa and you can see when the parent enters the nest he/she actually curls their toes in to avoid accidentally harming the eaglets with their talons. Like you say “amazing”.
Incredible series of photos Keith. With the POV looking down, it sure gives a different feel than most of the Eagle nest shots we see. As a mother it terrifies me, can't imagine having my babies so high up with only a few twigs surrounding them and keeping them from the edge and falling. I guess it is all what your used to and this view of the world is what those chicks are growing up with. Very cool to see!

Here is a Cedar Waxwing from a few weeks back at B[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]