This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.

Shots not good enough for rare bird alert i guess so i share them here instead :lol:

Got up early on Canada Day and checked out the powerline trail next to Grouse Mountain for the reported (day earlier) Chestnut-sided Warbler, heard it singing right away at 5:30am and secured my shots.
This bird was a big enough draw that a birder from Chilliwack came out for it as well, glad we both got good looks in the end.
Awesome Paul.

I had nothing to do yesterday evening so I went out for a couple shots of this one as well. There were a couple moments where he came out into the clear.

Also, nearly got into a fist fight with a mountain biker who didn't seem to appreciate my (admittedly smartass) response to his question of what I was looking at. :lol:
zwest wrote: Jul 03 10:19 am Awesome Paul.

I had nothing to do yesterday evening so I went out for a couple shots of this one as well. There were a couple moments where he came out into the clear.

Also, nearly got into a fist fight with a mountain biker who didn't seem to appreciate my (admittedly smartass) response to his question of what I was looking at. :lol:
That's a great shot Zach.
When i first went up i arrived at the grouse Grind parking lot not realizing it was being seen at the other end of the powerline! a bit of internet searching later and i had my GPS locked on a side street and path that turned out to be the correct one, as soon as i walked up towards the powerline i heard it singing.
When non-birder people come up to me and ask what i am looking at i usually say "nothing" :lol:
zwest wrote: Jul 03 10:19 am Awesome Paul.

Hey Zach, i just saw this pic posted on the rare bird alert, congrats man.
I will have to try harder.
zwest wrote: Jul 04 4:09 pm
revs wrote: Jul 04 3:23 pm
Hey Zach, i just saw this pic posted on the rare bird alert, congrats man.
I will have to try harder.
:lol:
it is funny, but not funny at the same time because i'm pretty sure playing favourites and holding a grudge was not Russ Canning's intent when he started the BC Rare Bird Alert in the first place.

Here is a Cedar Waxwing from a few weeks back at B[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]