This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By featherweight
I was working in the North 40 Dog Park a couple of weeks ago & found this young fledgling from the screams it was making along with its 2 siblings when mom came in with food!
ImageFledgling Sharp-shinned Hawk by featherweight2009, on Flickr
ImageFledgling Sharp-shinned Hawk by featherweight2009, on Flickr
Today I headed out to Catbird Slough & the Nature Trail at Pitt Lake to try for an American Redstart. I heard them, but no sighting :(
I found these guys though ... I still haven't got a shot of the Bullock's that I'm happy with though.
ImageBullock's Oriole by featherweight2009, on Flickr
ImageCommon Yellowthroat, female by featherweight2009, on Flickr
ImageGreat Blue Heron by featherweight2009, on Flickr
And found this gal on the drive out, I still don't have a shot of a Kestrel that I'm totally satisfied with either. :wink:
ImageAmerican Kestrel by featherweight2009, on Flickr
ImageAmerican Kestrel by featherweight2009, on Flickr
Thanks for looking. :D
By Greatblue
Excellent hawk captures. The Yellowthroat is also top notch. For me, any time you can find a Bullock's, it's a good day.
By Cjacques294
Great photos Debra. Love your sharp-shinned and bullock. Would love to see Kestrel. I have not seen them so far this year but I am travelling to the interior of BC at the end of the month and I am hopeful to see them there.
By revs
markj wrote:Nice Hawk! I have not seen a kestrel in ages, you remind me I need to get out more.
Same here :lol:

Nice shots Debra, noticed your shots in the Birdwatching magazine online galleries, great stuff!

Nice to see the Savannah Sparrows back flitting am[…]

I was in Mexico last month and saw some new things[…]