This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By MDB8
I've finished finalizing my Arizona photos and am back to local shootings - and still awaiting the return of my lens from the "repair" depot.

Almost always there are some Grebes swimming offshore at Pt. Roberts. I've seen 4 species there. For the photo below of a Horned Grebe, I was surprised at how rapidly their breeding plumage appeared. Moreover, it almost looks like a different species in such plumage. A more gentle "Predator" look.

In turn that made me wonder about Dinosaurs. I wonder if they also altered their forms in breeding season? And if they changed dramatically, they may appear to be different species also.

By MDB8
Here's another head-on photo of a colourful bird - a female Wilson's Phalarope. Taken in May at Iona. I'm a "little" behind in finalizing, as usual. The first photo was taken in April - presumably just before they departed (there were two of them) inland.

By birdergirl
Great shots Debra and Mike!

Mike I love that pacific loon and it ain't easy getting a head on shot of a purple martin at blackie spit.

Here's a few head-on shots I have taken:

ImageBurrowing Owl by bcbirdergirl, on Flickr

ImageGreat Horned Owl by bcbirdergirl, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7541 by bcbirdergirl, on Flickr

Cheers
Last edited by birdergirl on Oct 31 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By loudavid
Here's a adult and young Eared Grebe at Frank Lake in Alberta in July 2014.

Lou Davidson
Delta BC

Here is a Cedar Waxwing from a few weeks back at B[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]