This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
Here is a video of a Baled Eagle Attacking and killing a Mallard at Alta Lake that we observed while we did the monthly bird census. Warning it is a little graphic and the outcome for the duck was not good but that’s nature for you. I missed most of the action beforehand while setting up the camera, but the attack lasted many minutes before the eagle finally tired the Mallard out. The eagle drove the Mallard under until the duck tired then hovered above and timed the final attack for when the Mallard just broke the surface. Not the best quality video but it was at the spur of the moment and I couldn’t set up properly. It was interesting that the eagle drifted on the lake almost motionless for about 5 minutes before the Canada Geese decided to chase it off . The eagle finally grabbed the duck on its last pass.
Chris Dale
Squamish

The nice bonus for the afternoon was as I was walk[…]