This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
Since nobody has started any "Bird of the Month" threads for about a year (as far as I know), I thought it would be a good to restart the monthly series. Other BC Birding Forum members have started threads like this before, and I think it was originally Paul's ("revs") idea, but I could be wrong.

Bird of the Month for March 2017:
:) Steller's Jay! :)

Post your best Steller's Jay photo(s), it doesn't matter when or where they were taken. :)

Here are two of my Steller's Jay shots:

Here is one from a couple of springs ago. Too many around this year but my wife likes feeding them - when we open the blinds each morning there are 15 to 25 waiting for her to throw out the peanuts - then the squawking begins
Chris Dale
Squamish
Great thread Isaac and beautiful pics! Great choice, as I love these jays.

I have no recent shots but here is one I took with my old camera in Manning Park, of the interior subspecies.

ImageSteller's Jay - Manning Park by Birdergirl, on Flickr

Also, thanks to everyone for sharing their nice pics.

Cheers,
Mel
Great choice, Isaac; thanks for taking this initiative!

Not a bird I see a lot of in March, but likely only because I don't go looking for them. I do have a few faves of this species, actually the Interior subspecies with their white 'eyebrows'....

May 2015: a parent and fully fledged chick:
Steller's Jay parent and fledgling (Okanagan Lake Park)

June 2016: this guy sat above us and squawked until we responded!
Steller's Jay thief, nay, beggar (Okanagan Lake Park)

October 2014: a fortuitous encounter at Manning Park with a STJA who was camera friendly:
Steller's Jay - 7

Love the other shots posted so far, and looking forward to more! This is BC's Provincial Bird, after all!

Good birding! :D

Here is a Cedar Waxwing from a few weeks back at B[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]