This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By stusteelhead
With all the crazy weather this winter the snow has finally melted away to able to get out into the woods, the low snow pack has apparently pushed many critters and owls down to lower elevations in search of food. Last week started off shooting pygmy owls, to be interrupted by a female cougar calling out for a mate. I managed one distant shot of her through the trees but did get an awesome audio recording of her calling you can listen here if interested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Konj3IezXPU

So after that excitement I obviously have been heading out that way most days since (weather permitting) in hopes of getting a clearer view of her but no luck other then a few tracks. But not to be disappointed because I did manage to find two Northern Saw Whet Owls along with a number of calling Northern Pygmy Owls a great week to be sure.
Here are some of my favourites

Here is a Cedar Waxwing from a few weeks back at B[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]