This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
I was fortunate enough to have travelled to Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Australia and New Zealand in March and April. It was not a birding trip, but I did get a few. Thought I would share some of the birds that were new for me on the trip. First the birds from Japan, Taiwan and Hong Kong:

A Brown-eared Bulbul in Tokyo, Japan:

ImageBirds in Tokyo - Brown-eared Bulbu by Neal, on Flickr

A Spot-billed Duck in Tokyo, Japan:

ImageTokyo Birds - Spot-billed Duck by Neal, on Flickr

A White Wagtail in Hososhima, Japan:

ImageWhite Wagtail by Neal, on Flickr

A Black Kite in Hososhima, Japan:

ImageBlack Kite by Neal, on Flickr

Not the best photo but a Daurian Redstart in Hososhima, Japan:

ImageDaurian Redstart by Neal, on Flickr

A Japanese White Eye in Yilan County, Taiwan:

ImageJapanese White Eye by Neal, on Flickr

A Masked Laughingthrush in Hong Kong:

ImageMasked Laughingthrush by Neal, on Flickr

And finally a Red-wiskered Bulbul in Hong Kong:

ImageRed-wiskered Bulbul by Neal, on Flickr
Good shots.
Note your black kite is the subspecies called black-eared kite, which may be split to a new species in the future. It is quite different looking than the black kites in Europe.
wewa wrote:Good shots.
Note your black kite is the subspecies called black-eared kite, which may be split to a new species in the future. It is quite different looking than the black kites in Europe.
Thanks.. They call them Black Kites down there and I couldn't find anything different in the materials I had available. Appreciate the input.
You got some nice shots for a non-birding trip. Loved the image of the kite, really beautiful! That Red-whiskered Bulbul is in interesting looking bird.

Here is a Cedar Waxwing from a few weeks back at B[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]