This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By revs
I have a "secret" spot i like to visit once or maybe twice a year in North Vancouver where, if i am lucky, i can usually spot a Barred owl or two.
Yesterday morning after an uneventful walk through Maplewood i decided to drive a bit further and checked out my spot.
I can usually find a Pacific Wren there and took some shots of this quick moving species

Wren activity over i took a bit of a walk around and eventually got my best looks ever of a Barred owl :)
I like not having to drive to Delta to get my owls if i can help it, now if i can only get a Northern Pygmy owl on the shore i will be happy.

Thanks for looking, comments welcomed :)

By revs
northvanrob wrote:The Mountain view wetlands are a special place with Northern Red-legged Frogs breeding there extensively, same with Northwestern Salamander egg gels sticking to twigs. a fine snack for a Barred Owl!
Hmm, i may have to check it out, don't think i've ever been there.
2024 Photo Challenge - All BC Birds!

We are currently at 115 birds! Wow. Excellent wo[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]