This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
We did Bird of the Month for a bit in years past and i thought (as did others) that it would be fun to continue, since i still haven't given up on this forum (why? i'm not sure, stubborn?), i guess if the Admin ever kicks me off here and takes down my oystercatcher banner i'll call it a day but until then...
Welcome to the New Year.

So, who's game?
American Dipper, any shots will do, not a contest, just a visual reference celebrating a bird that deserves to be recognized.
I love American Dipper's! No other bird has that personality, that songbird diving underwater personality!
Also that song is so intricate, so many variations!

I Love Dippers!

ImageAmerican Dipper by Rob -Alexander, on Flickr

This one was at Ambleside Park, Capilano River was a raging muddy torrent so the American Dipper's visited the ocean! This one caught a Pill bug!

ImageAmerican Dipper with isopod by Rob -Alexander, on Flickr

Also when Capilano River is raging, a good place to find American Dipper's is Yew Lake, up Cypress Provincial Park!

ImageAmerican Dipper on Lilypad by Rob -Alexander, on Flickr
I'd recommend any 'Dipper virgins' visit Goldstream Park in early November during the Chum run. You get those coveted egg shots, the river glitters gold from the fall leaves and the Dippers shine blue. My shots are from Oct 27th, early in the run, so no egg shots (if I can sweet talk Paul into posting them for me). I think they are still there.
Cheryl (Victoria)
ogopogo wrote:I'd recommend any 'Dipper virgins' visit Goldstream Park in early November during the Chum run. You get those coveted egg shots, the river glitters gold from the fall leaves and the Dippers shine blue. My shots are from Oct 27th, early in the run, so no egg shots (if I can sweet talk Paul into posting them for me). I think they are still there.
Cheryl (Victoria)
posted! by the way, your shots were taken on my birthday :)
2024 Photo Challenge - All BC Birds!

We are currently at 115 birds! Wow. Excellent wo[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]