This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By MDB8
I also took a long drive, seeking new subjects.

Sometimes, you encounter something in an unexpected location. On several occasions in the past I have made trips or side trips seeking Cassin's Finches. At the Summerland Gardens, I did catch a glimpse of a female and other other occasions heard them high up in trees, but did not see them. Still another time, I was in southern Nevada driving north and I browsed eBird one night. I noticed a park SE of Reno at which were reported WH Woodpeckers and also Cassin's Finches. So I made a side trip and saw neither bird, but did hear the Cassin's.

On the occasion, a few days ago, I was at a very quiet location in the Okanagan when I noticed two birds foraging on the gravel road. I assumed that they were Sparrows. My attention was on a nearby Pygmy Nuthatch which was hiding from my camera successively. Finally I took a serious glance at the ground foragers. A pair of Cassin's Finches gathering nesting material....

Similarly a few days later, I drove another gravel road and unexpectantly came upon some ponds beside the road. In this case I noticed some Eared Grebes swimming about on the side of the road where I had to look sunward in early light. Moreover, shadows from nearby shrubs gave cover to the birds. I noticed that one of the Grebes seemed larger than the other. Then I became interested and pulled out the big camera. More serendipity.

2024 Photo Challenge - All BC Birds!

We are currently at 115 birds! Wow. Excellent wo[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]